> Faculty of Science
The Department of Chemistry was established in 1929. It is DST- FIST and UGC – SAP
(DRS –II) sponsored department. Many of the alumni are occupying high positions in India and overseas. The Department offers five year Integrated M.Sc. Chemistry and research programmes that trains the student in frontier areas of Chemistry .The curriculum is designed so that the incumbent can excel in the subject and can clear various competitive examinations like UPSC, CSIR-UGC, NET, SLET, Group-I and Group-II. The students from the integrated five year course of Chemistry may take up positions in research, educational, Government and industrial organizations
Highlights of the Programme
- Competitive curriculum
- Exposure to sophisticated instruments like NMR, XRD and GC-Mass.
- Well equipped departmental library with internet connectivity.
- Excellent teaching with modern methods like smart class room Co curricular and extra curricular activities like chemical society, NSS, YRC etc.
- Placement cell to guide the students for campus placement.
- Excellent main library with e-learning and e-journal facilities.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- Scholarship facilities to all socially backward classes.
- Admission based purely on merit as per the rule of Tamil Nadu Government.
- Chemical industries.
- Teaching assignments.
- Research opportunities.
- Abroad placements.
- Patents -6.
- Ph.Ds produced – 312.
- Project funding – 6 crores.
- Impact Factor of research publication Range : 0.3-13.74.
- Inter-institutional collaborative projects.
- Indian Institute of Advanced Scientific Research, Guwahati, PSG College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore and DRDO
- Industrial Collaboration.
- Cavinkare Pvt. Ltd, Chennai
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Five Year Integrated)
- M.Sc. Chemistry (Two Year CBCS)
- Ph.D Chemistry
The Professor and Head
Department of Chemistry
Tel Number: 04144-238282
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org