Services in Emergency Room (ER ):
Our Emergency Room caters need of all emergencies in 24 hrs basis on all days
- Managing cardiac emergencies with thrombolysis facility
- Managing respiratory emergencies Like respiratory failure, COPD & acute Asthma
- Managing hypertensive emergencies and Heart failure
- We are treating all types of poisoning consumed patients includes OPC, Rat killer and unusual other pesticides and herbicides poisoning.
- Antidotes and toxicology screening done here.
- Snake bites cases and Hanging victims managed effectively
- Trauma management includes poly trauma cases for all Road traffic accident victims.
- Trauma Team being formed with department of Emergency Medicine, General Surgery, Orthopedics, OMFS and Pediatrics consultants along with their postgraduates.
- Other specialties will be called to attend trauma victims if needed
- Two Transport ventilators available exclusively in Emergency Room for immediate mechanical ventilation
- All essential monitors, like Multi para monitors Pulse oximeter and defibrillators are available in ER
Services Observation ward:
- Observation ward with 20 beds to look after the patients till the patients are stabilized and shifted to respective department or referred to higher center if needed
- Trained staff nurses posted on shift basis taking care of all sick patients
Services Emergency ICU :
- Emergency ICU with 12 beds in accident emergency block being provided with oxygen and central suction facilities for all patients
- Cardiac monitors & pulse oximeter available for all patients
- One defibrillator is available in Emergency Room
Services Medical ICU:
- Medical ICU is just close to ER in the first floor of A&E block.
- Medical ICU is having 8 beds (common) and one VIP bed.
- Six ventilators are functioning well and being used on all days.
All emergency investigation bio-chemical includes ABG Analysis, X-Rays, CT & MRI are available to all patients in Emergency Room, Observation ward, Medical ICU & Emergency ICU 24 hrs. on all days.
Post graduates posted on shift basis being supervised by our lectures and admitting unit lecturers / chiefs. Overall management of ventilator cases and administrative part being done by Prof.& Head, Emergency Medicine.